Category Archives: Health
Dental care is a significant aspect of your overall health and well-being. For ideal dental health, it’s important to not only indulge in healthy dental practices and adopt good oral hygiene habits, but also know about your teeth and how your behaviours affect them. While you are familiar with common dental problems like tooth pain, cavities, gum disease, sensitivity and tooth infection, knowing some general facts concerning your dental and oral health can help you take better care and maintain a long-lasting smile on your face.
- Enamel, the outermost layer of your teeth, is the hardest part in your body. However, acidic foods and drinks like orange juice, soft drink and wine can cause acid wear, which gradually softens the enamel. Unlike skin, your teeth can’t regrow, and thus it is important to take extreme care of your enamel and prevent any damage.
- It is not just sugar that can affect your dental health, but sour foods like candy, soft drinks, fruit juices and other low-pH or acidic foods can cause enamel erosion, softening your teeth and diminishing the size.
- Yellows indicates decay. If your teeth appear yellow and are sore, you possibly have decay.
- While most people are born with 28- 32 teeth, some don’t develop their permanent teeth even over time. Added to that, wisdom teeth are the most common to be missing.
- You must have heard that fluoride prevent cavities and promotes dental health. But, high concentrations of fluoride can take its toll on young children with their permanent teeth developing under the gums. The condition caused is called fluorosis, and results in tooth discoloration, initially white and eventually brown, and surface irregularities.
- Plaque, the constantly growing white or pale yellow layer, causes tooth decay. If not quelled with regular brushing and flossing, it can harden and develop into tarter.
- Your mouth is home to 200 to 300 bacterial species, among which Streptococcus mutants is the major contributor to dental caries. It splits the sucrose in your food and produces acids that undermine your teeth.
- No doubt, braces can beautify your smile and improve your health. However, poor care of braces doesn’t take much time to damage enamel. When you don’t brush well after eating, food, bacteria and acids get lodged around braces causing decay and cavities eventually.
Children are not always patient and cooperative during a dental exam. A pediatric dentist knows how to provide the dental treatment to them in the most comfortable manner. In addition, the specialist uses peculiarly designed equipments to lure the kids, and divert their mind. He can offer an assortment of aiding options to care for your child’s teeth, gums, and mouth. Bellevue pediatric dentistry creates a positive and comfortable atmosphere for children throughout their visit. His different dental services include:
1. Bonding: Bellevue pediatric dentist can offer numerous benefits to you with the bonding services including:
- Repairs cracked or small chipped tooth
- Cosmetic improvements
- Improves the look of discolored teeth
- Closes minor spaces between teeth
- Changes the color and shape of teeth
- Makes teeth look longer
- Lightens stains
- Corrects mild crooked teeth to a certain degree
- Protects a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recede
2. Dental Implants: Implants are the devices that can replace the lost teeth roots,and can support bridges, crowns, or dentures. It can immediate, conventional, and immediate loads implants. Children have to undergo this treatment only in case they lose their tooth in an accident otherwise older people usually need this treatment.
3. Dental Crown: It is done for different reasons including:
- Tooth restoration to its original shape
- Strengthening of a weak tooth
- To improve the look of a tooth
A Bellevue pediatric dentist can provide metal (Gold, PFM, and CAPTEK)and metal-free crown ( Procera, Procera Alumina, CERCON, IPS Empress, 3M LAVA, ZIRCON, and Cergogold ) to the kids.
5. Orthodontics: It includes traditional, invisible, lingual, viazi braces for the proper alignment of the teeth or to reduce the spaces between them.
6. Tooth Whitening Treatment: Tetracycline antibiotics can cause yellow or stained teeth to the children. If a pregnant woman takes these antibiotics during the second half of pregnancy, it can affect the child’s teeth. Also, children who are 8 years old or younger can develop yellow or stained teeth. The dentists use power and gradual bleaching for the treatment.
7. Gum Disease: Gum disease is an inflammatory disease of the gums and the surrounding tissue around the teeth. Its treatment includes scaling , root planing, antibiotics, periodontal scaling, splinting, and bite correction.
There is a definite link between your heart and your mouth; and it is not just about what you are eating; it is also about how you are maintaining your oral hygiene. Periodontal diseases, also more commonly known as gum diseases, are caused by the poor oral maintenance. This disease results in the inflammatory condition, which is actually caused by the bacteria that develop around the teeth root. Poor oral health can also lead to poor health of the heart. But the good news is that periodontal disease can be prevented and you don’t always need to go for gums treatment India. Remember that if you have not contracted the disease yet or it is in the initial stages, good oral habits, such as brushing and flossing regularly can prevent it. However, if the disease has developed to advanced level then you will require periodontal treatment Delhi.
The Dental Routine
Brushing your teeth after every meal is the best practice you can follow. However, if it is not possible to brush your teeth after every meal, at least make sure that you are rinsing your mouth. Rinsing your mouth just with plain water can reduce the bacteria by more than 30 percent. Also, apart from brushing, flossing is also very important. A lot of people do not brush their tongue. Cleaning the tongue, brushing twice at least, and flossing everyday can immensely reduce the chances of developing periodontal disease. You can use your toothbrush to clean your tongue or you can also buy a tongue cleaner.
If you have not yet developed the disease or it is only in the initial stages, you don’t really need to visit the best periodontist in Delhi. However, even if there is no disease, it is important to visit the dentist regularly to maintain good oral hygiene. You should schedule regular dental checkups at least once in every 6 months. However, the best option would be to get the dental checkups quarterly. Gum diseases are usually painless until they have caused severe damages to the teeth. Therefore, you may not even be able to detect it. If you are visiting the dentist regularly, you will not even contract it.
Healthy Eating Habits
The health of your teeth is directly affected by the kind of food you eat. Eating healthy and balanced diet does not only have a positive impact on your body, it affects the health of your teeth as well. Those who eat healthy and maintain good oral health have much lower chances of developing the periodontal disease and thus they have little or no need to go to best periodontist NCR.
Let us just look into the benefits of online dental supplies.
- When you start shopping online specially for dental equipments, you can take your time to search all the products that you need.
- Even while making your own list if you forget something searching the portal will always help you to remember all the things that you have missed out earlier.
- You can look from the photographs of the products that are enlisted there and can actually pick the exact size that you are looking for.
- You can actually save more money by limiting yourself not buying many things that are not required, which you may have bought on persistence of salesman in a shop if you have visited physically.
- The most striking part for online dental supplies that after booking online, you will get it delivered at your door step at no extra cost. So you are being spared from the pain of getting it delivered.
- While buying from one of the most reputed portal you get as assurance about the gentility of the products, and also free replacement if any product found faulty or damaged.
- The best part of online dental supplies is the price and the discounts you get that is impossible to get from a physical store for various reasons. It is easy to keep a tab on the site to see when they are offering discounts, also you will always get their news letters from the site owner about new products launched, promo offers, discounts etc.
Root Canal in Navi Mumbai is one of the most common dental procedures performed by a trained general dentist or a specialist called Endodontic available at your chosen India Dental Clinic. A root canal is a treatment used to repair and save a tooth that is badly decayed or becomes infected. During a root canal procedure, the nerve and pulp are removed and theinside of the tooth is cleaned and sealed. Without treatment, the tissue surrounding the tooth will become infected and abscesses may form.
If you are close to have your initial root canal treatment, you would possibly be feeling pretty apprehensive regarding the entire issue, particularly given all the stories floating around. Well, don’t fret – all are going to be disclosed during this stepwise walk-through of root canal treatment. Knowing what’s going to happen prior time is over 0.5 the battle; you may shortly learn that it very is way rumpus regarding nothing.
So let’s begin by dispelling a standard myth: root canal treatment does not cause pain – it relieves it! A space within the tooth known as the pulp chamber homes the basis canal system and pulp -the living tissue that keeps the tooth important (alive). The pulp includes blood vessels, nerves and connective tissues, and, throughout childhood, creates the encompassing onerous tissues of the tooth. Endodontic treatment (“endo” – inside; “dont” – tooth), unremarkably referred to as root canal treatment, is required once the pulp becomes inflamed or infected. The causes may well be deep cavity, continual dental procedures on one tooth (replacing an outsized filling, for example), or traumatic injury like a crack, chip or maybe a root fracture. Gum malady may make to root issues necessitating root canal treatment.
Generally speaking, regardless of the reason for passageway or pulpal malady, root or dental medicine treatment is going to be necessary to save lots of the tooth. All dentists receive coaching in dental medicine treatment and may perform root procedures, however usually a general doctor can refer people who want dental medicine treatment to a dental practitioner, a root canal specialist.
Endodontists are dentists who have completed an extra 2 or additional years of advanced residency coaching within the identification and management of diseases and disorders of the dental pulp, and within the identification of dental pain; their focus is thus on saving teeth. So as to create a correct assessment and correct identification of that tooth is affected and specifically what’s inflicting the pain, a radical history and examination is important.
Doctor or dentist can check your anamnesis and current medications to make sure your health and treatment safety. If you’re terribly nervous, an oral sedative or anti-anxiety medication is also useful – discuss the choices together with your medical practitioner or dental practitioner prior time.
Apart from creating a look that is less visual, teeth that are too packed, very extensively spaced or misplaced can bring several extreme oral health issues. This is something that no one likes to live with for their whole life. For such reason, so many China orthodontic products are in huge demand these days.
The invisalign technology is one of the most effective orthodontic treatments that use smooth and comfortable plastic dental aligners to smoothly and slowly move your misaligned teeth into superior position. These innovative and unique aligners are typically known as “invisible braces” by most people since they’re practically unnoticeable when worn.
Who can employ this practice?
This procedure is a great alternative for those who want to correct their tooth problem, but don’t want to wear the traditional visible metal braces. The problems that can be corrected using this unique method include:
- Widely spaced teeth
- Teeth crowding
- Twisted teeth
- Normal cases of malocclusions
- Overlapping teeth
Prior to you finally decide that you’ll go for this treatment of orthodontic correction, it is essential that you completely discuss your objectives and concerns with your dentist.
This is also an excellent choice for anyone who wants to have their teeth straightened but isn’t satisfied about the aesthetics and inconveniences of conventional metal braces.
Ideal for teens:
Teens are known to be very self-conscious about their appearance and type of image they project publicly. The teen version of invisalign assist them to get their teeth straightened without experiencing irritations concerned with metal braces. It’s also a great substitute for students who participate in music or sports.
There are many orthodontics supplier China that are offering great quality orthodontic products to treat issues related to your teeth in the most convincing manner. Online is the best platform to find some reliable Orthodontic manufacturers china. China orthodontic products are not just affordable in nature but also great in quality. There are a variety of china orthodontic products you can find in the market including dental braces, ceramic brackets, molar bands, dental burs and many others. However, you need to do your research in order to come with the best orthodontic products china.
How many of us go for regular dental checkups? Many of us visit a dentist only when we actually face some gum or teeth problems, right? Please know that routine dental checks and cleanings, following dental care advice, getting oral cancer screening – all of these contribute to a great oral health. Also, a majority of us are not aware of the fact that oral health significantly impacts your overall health. Yes, your mouth can predict many health issues as diabetes or gastrointestinal problems much before you actually experience the symptoms. This is why getting a skilled dentist is important.
Dentistry can be categorized into general and cosmetic dentistry. A general dentist deals with restorative and preventive measures related to your tooth and gums. These include tooth cleaning, root canal treatment, extractions, fissures and sealants, dentures and so on. A cosmetic dentist works to improve your smile and overall confidence. These include smile makeovers and full mouth rehabilitation packages. You need to choose your dentist depending on your requirements.
Let’s find out what all points to keep in mind when looking for an emergency dentist in Emerald.
Talk to your friends and colleagues
The best way to find the right dentist is asking people for references. Speak to your relatives, friends and colleagues about dentists they go to and ask for references. You may then want to schedule appointments with such dentists and get a first-hand experience. You can also ask the clinic about patient testimonials or case history of challenging cases they have handled. This is especially important in case of cosmetic dentistry.
Where is the clinic located?
Qualification of the dentist
Ensure that your chosen dentist is ADA – Australian Dental Association certified. Also the dentist must be aware of latest technologies and tools and use them in treating patients.
Overall Ambience of the Clinic
Apart from the qualification of the dentist, it is vital to note the overall ambience of the dental clinic. How is the behavior of the caring staff? Does the dentist treat patients in a friendly way and make them feel at home before carrying out any procedure?
Dental treatment in Australia is quite expensive. So, last but not the least, enquire about the charges, forms of payments the clinic accepts and the insurance providers it has tie ups with.
Bruxism, which refers to the habit of grinding, gnashing, or clenching the teeth, is one of the most common oral issues. According to a study, nearly 10 percent people grind their teeth so hard that they eventually need to have reconstructive surgery. Besides being harmful for the teeth, bruxism causes severe damages to overall health.
If you have the habit of grinding your teeth excessively, here is what you need to know about bruxism.
1. It Affects Your Oral Health
In some cases, bruxism is mild. However, when it is frequent and severe, it may cause harm to the joints in your lower jaw, which may lead to pain and stiffness in the joint area as well as cause headaches.
Moreover, bruxism may also affect the health of your teeth. With persistent impact, the habit may wear down the enamel, cause tooth sensitivity, and even result in chipped or broken teeth.
2. Stress May Worsen the Problem
Teeth grinding may become severe when you are stressed, anxious, or frustrated. Some studies have proved that up to 70 percent of bruxism is triggered by stress. Experts argue that work related stress and anxiety is the primary cause of bruxism among adults. However, a person with a good outlet for stress, such as therapy or exercise, is less likely to develop the problem.
Up to 15 percent children grind their teeth. Some studies report the figure as high as 38 percent. In most cases, children grind their teeth at night which is commonly linked to sleep apnea, stress, dental occlusion, teething, jaw and tooth growth and development, and certain psychological problems.
Dentists argue that bruxism is not an issue among children until they have their baby teeth. Even if they have flattened their teeth from excessive grinding, they may get adult teeth over time.
4. Bruxism is Treatable
In most cases, bruxism does not need to be treated. However, if the problem is severe, it may be controlled through several ways.
One of the most common approaches to treat bruxism is a mouth guard which can prevent you from teeth grinding, thus reducing damages to the teeth and jaw. Sometimes, reducing the consumption of caffeine, alcohol, and cigarettes can also help alleviate the symptoms. Moreover, if your bruxism is due to stress, you need to identify the triggers and find ways to relax and control the problem.
Look around your locality
There may be various dentists in your area to be selected from. You may start looking around you and enquire about dental clinics in NJ through local communities. If you don’t get any good dentist near your home, it is worthy of covering some extra distance for a good treatment.
Get feedbacks from patients
The best way to gather information about any dental clinic is to look for information from their patients. You may randomly visit dental clinic and ask the patients about the quality of services and the staffs. You may observe the environment to get a better idea about their services. You should never hesitate in asking questions regarding the certificates of dentistry and the history of the clinic if they are not displayed.
Gather more information about the services rendered
It is vital to have knowledge about the services provided by a dental clinic. If you are aware about your issue, it will give you idea whether you should visit it or not.
Get information about dental and insurance plans
If you have any kind of insurance plan, then you may have limited options. You have to get clarifications from clinics where you can avail dental services. Most of the good clinics offer different dental plans to make it simple for you to pay for your dental treatment. It is wise to select a dental clinic which is also an insurance provider. These dental strategies help to make your payments in months, specifically if you are taking expensive orthopedic and cosmetic dentistry treatments.
Get information about the discounts
Many clinics provide discounts to other family members, if they also get treatment from the clinic. There are various clinics that offer annual discounts and floss treatments free of cost. Nonetheless, prices and discounts can’t be the only factor to choose the best dental clinics.
You may search online to get the best clinics in your area. Nonetheless, you have to research to gather information about every clinic to select the one that seems best to your necessities.
It is important to ask complete dental treatment charges before the treatment. It will be great to have dental insurance for getting the coverage for various dental processes such as amalgam fillings, preventative dental care etc. It is highly recommendable if you are visiting a dental clinic for the very first time you should observe around to notice the type of amenities offered and maintenance of hygiene in the clinic also while performing the procedures.
Diabetes can have a negative impact on your entire body, including the mouth. People with diabetes are at a high risk of periodontal diseases and oral health problems due to poorly controlled blood sugar levels. The less controlled the blood sugar, the higher the chances of oral health problems. This is because diabetes harms the white blood cells, which weakens the body’s defence against bacterial infections occurring in the mouth.
Let’s have a look at some common oral health problems among diabetes patients which often lead to a number of issues ranging from painful chewing to even tooth loss.
Besides impairing white blood cells, diabetes may cause your blood vessels to thicken which may affect the flow of nutrients to and the transmission of waste products from the mouth. As a result, your mouth may lose its capability to fight leading to bacterial infection.
Some warning signs of oral infection may include, swelling or secretion around your teeth or gums in any part of the mouth, moderate to acute pain in the mouth or sinus area, red or white patches in your tongue, gums, cheeks, or upper area of the mouth, pain when chewing, sensitivity while eating or drinking cold, hot, or sweet food, and dark spots or holes in your teeth.
Infections can make your blood sugar levels hard to control. However, it is important that you consult your dentist immediately as soon as you detect signs of infections.
Fungus results from high levels of sugar in the saliva of people with uncontrolled diabetes. However, it is important for diabetes patients to manage blood levels in the body to avoid the condition.
Dry mouth refers to the lack of moisture in the mouth which may be caused by either medications being taken for diabetes or high blood sugar. Since a dry mouth acts as a breeding ground for bacteria, it may lead to various oral health conditions, including cavities, infections, and ulcers.
If you have dry mouth, you should take more fluids to keep the saliva flowing and maintain the level of moisture in your mouth.
Whether you are experiencing any of the above problems or not, you should regularly visit your dentist for examination in order to avoid severe oral health problems.
Book an appointment with Akron Area Oral, Maxillofacial & Facial Cosmetic to check the status of your oral health today!